Friday, June 19, 2009

Crazy shower toxins

I had an extremely bizarre experience in the shower this morning. It kinda freaked me out real fast, bad enough that I blocked it from my memory and am currently wondering if it was real. My roommate dyed her hair the night before, or at least that's what I gathered from the eavesdropping I did from bed (where I often imagine what it would be like to live with me right now, when I have a job where I have to be there at 8:30am and sometimes 7am until 5:30 or 6... after which I eat dinner with the fiance and hang out until he goes to work at 9. When I go to bed-ish. I see my roommates on average once a week at church. Meh). Anywhoozle, so I got up at the rearcrack of undawn this morning because it was my day to open and got into the shower. My thoughts went a bit like this:

"Ehhh. There's hair dye all up in this joint."
*Turns on shower, waiting for it to go through the routine of hot-cold-lukewarm.*
"It smells like hair dye."
*Showers in surpisingly consistent warm water. Ducks head to wash hair under spigot built for midgets.*
"It tastes like hair dye."
*Feels like hair dye is coming up from the depths of her being. Dry heaves. Almost passes out.*

It honestly felt like I had ingested an entire bottle of hair dye and I was starting to throw it up. So weird, especially because I don't ever vomit unless I have the stomach flu or food poisoning. So I thought maybe it was another of the awesome side effects of the medication I take for acne, which include such delights that I have experienced as ringing in the ears & nausea as well as those I have yet to experience and would argue are not really side effects like kidney failure and lupus. Yikers.

I brought it up to the "early nurse" I was working with opening this morning and she suggested that the heat of the shower may have mixed with the chemicals in the hair dye and the plastic shower curtain I have to make some crazy strong toxins.

Weird. One thing's sure... next time it happens, I'm calling in the authority from my childhood:

No comments: